If you are not
currently EMT certified but are interested in becoming an EMT,
visit the Central Piedmont Community College
website or call Mike Price at (704) 330-6169.
For more information on what it takes to be an EMT or to find out other
ways in which you can support your hometown rescue squad, you
can also contact the squad directly by calling (704) 875-1457, or by
emailing us at .
Requirements for Joining North Meck Rescue:
- Currently not accepting applications, as we will more than likely be closing later this year - sorry. If you would like to volunteer as an EMT somewhere, good luck. All the Fire Departments in the area require you to be a firefighter. (even though all of them respond to more medical calls than they do fire related calls)
- By applying to be a member of the rescue squad please understand that you will have to be dedicated, willing to run calls (either POV or from the station), come to the business meetings, attend Con-Ed, come to squad training and Technical Rescuer training.
- You must live in the North Meck Rescue District and/or the town limits of Huntersville.
must have a CURRENT North Carolina EMT Certification. NO EXCEPTIONS!
the Squad with current criminal background check from the company that we use for background checks, please do not go out and spend any money to get a background check becuase we will not accept it unless it is from the company we use.
a driving record from the NCDMV along with current Driver's
must be willing to commit to a minimum 12 hours of duty each month.
to business meetings each month ( Business Meetings are on the
second thursday of every month at 7pm at the station, they normally
last about 2 hours.)
must be 18 years old. ( You have to be 18 to be certified as an EMT in
up with your con-ed training. Our in house con-ed is each month on
the 4th thursday of the month at 7pm OR you can take your EMT Con-Ed online through CPCC. It is the responsibility of the MEMBER to keep up with their own con-ed, if you do not and your EMT expires you will no longer be able to maintain membership.
have 2 years from the time you join to get your Technical Rescuer
Certification. ( This course is 165 hours broken up into approximately
12 different classes.)
- DOWNLOAD INTERACTIVE APPLICATION HERE,PDF Format. Due to technical difficulties you will NOT be able to email us your application, you can fill it out, print it, and mail it to us.
- Once we have your application on hand our membership commmittee will contact you and let you know what to do next.
Any questions regarding membership requirements or applications
can be directed to
January 1, 2017
© 2017 North Mecklenburg Volunteer Rescue Squad